Xbox 720 specs and mock-up appear

by Ben Salter Featured 26 Comments 27 Votes 2643 Views 19/11/2012 Back to News

UK magazine Xbox World has published an eight-page feature on "everything we know" about the Xbox 720, including system specs and a mock-up of the console.

Will the Xbox 720 look anything like this?

While it's unlikely to be the final design revealed at E3 -- as it's just a mock-up by Xbox World -- the magazine has a credible history of leaking Xbox hardware.

The current codename 'Durango' development kits for the next generation Xbox have a Quad Core CPU with 8GB of RAM. The next Xbox is also rumoured to have an ‘innovative controller', new version of Kinect and a Blu-Ray drive.

By Ben Salter

Link to us http://360.mmgn.com/News/xbox-720-specs-and-mock-up-appear
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

Xbox 720 specs and mock-up appear Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
looks pretty decent! hope they reveal it soon =D
ew [WTF]
If you didn't read anything ( [Rage] ) that's just a mock up by Xbox World. Not the actual console.
we should mock one up as well... ms paint?
punk
innovative controller? will it have a screen [Shifty]

If this does end up being the trend one has to wonder if games on the pc will need to have a secondary screen so they can take advantage of these benefits though.

keyboards with small led screens?, your tablet or phones hooks up to your keyboard dock to become a secondary screen. blah blah.

Ben said: If you didn't read anything ( ) that's just a mock up by Xbox World. Not the actual console.

Did read it, hope the final version has absolutely no resemblance to this one!

EndBoss said: Apple is going to sue their pants off coz it looks like an iphone touch, but larger

It actually does look quite a lot like a large Apple TV.

whaling said:

It actually does look quite a lot like a large Apple TV.

apple probably has a patent on that too with rounded corners :P

AgentA50 said:

Did read it, hope the final version has absolutely no resemblance to this one!

I was mainly directing that at @EndBoss :P

punk said:
apple probably has a patent on that too with rounded corners

Undoubtedly. [Shifty]

Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners [Shifty]

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners

Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.

McQueen said:

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners

Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.

Apple probably has a patent on being over so over apple.... watch out.
Why do mock up designs always look so crap. I haven't seen a decent one yet
i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..

A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.

8gb isn't necessary because the level of optimisation achieved by developers on consoles.

4gb would be overkill, actually. that is, if this were to be only for gaming..

in my eyes, either 8gb ram is ridiculous, OR they will be running a modified version of Windows 8 on the new Xbox and going for more of a PC-style device. I actually think this is quite possible given the direction they've taken Windows 8.

Harry said: i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..
A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.
4gb would be overkill, actually. that is, if this were to be only for gaming..

They might be going for a really long console cycle.

Who knows. Microsoft could have anything hidden up their sleeves..

Harry said: You could be right. But I still think 8gb to be overkill.. The OS itself (if not Windows 8) wouldn't go much over 1gb at most, and even then, that would be toned back once the console goes into game mode (where only the overlay for online features is needed etc).
Who knows. Microsoft could have anything hidden up their sleeves..

Your points are valid, I was just being facetious. :P
As long as it doesn't affect the price a lot, I'm pleased with more, even if it doesn't serve much of a purpose.

Also, if this thing comes out in 2014 with a modified Windows 8.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am so smart, I am so smart.

(I will feel so ashamed when I come back to this post in two years and notice how wrong I was)

Harry said: For sure, I am just speculating of the validity of this magzine's claims. *shrug*
Also, if this thing comes out in 2014 with a modified Windows 8.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am so smart, I am so smart.

I'd be happy to remind you. ;)

Harry said: i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..
A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.

xbox - nov 2001 64mb RAM

xbox 360 - nov 2005 - 512mb RAM

4 years time, 8x the ram.

its now been 7 years, and will probably be 8 before the '720' is released, so I wouldn't write off 8GB ram completely as it still fits the time frame (4 years = 8x more ram).

Also why not? ram is so cheap, even for us mere consumers we can buy 4GB ram for less than $20, I reckon when your buying a couple million of those sticks (like MS would) you'd be looking at less than $5 per 4GB.
they will probily show the full xbox8 at e3 next year

hdphnsamri said:

McQueen said:

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners

Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.

Apple probably has a patent on being over so over apple.... watch out.

:E

It looks like my external drive. That could make for some confusion.
man look awesome *_*