Xbox 720 specs and mock-up appear

by Ben Salter Featured 26 Comments 27 Votes 2611 Views 19/11/2012 Back to News

UK magazine Xbox World has published an eight-page feature on "everything we know" about the Xbox 720, including system specs and a mock-up of the console.

Will the Xbox 720 look anything like this?

While it's unlikely to be the final design revealed at E3 -- as it's just a mock-up by Xbox World -- the magazine has a credible history of leaking Xbox hardware.

The current codename 'Durango' development kits for the next generation Xbox have a Quad Core CPU with 8GB of RAM. The next Xbox is also rumoured to have an ‘innovative controller', new version of Kinect and a Blu-Ray drive.

By Ben Salter

Link to us http://360.mmgn.com/News/xbox-720-specs-and-mock-up-appear
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

Xbox 720 specs and mock-up appear Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Apple is going to sue their pants off coz it looks like an iphone touch, but larger
looks pretty decent! hope they reveal it soon =D
ew [WTF]
If you didn't read anything ( [Rage] ) that's just a mock up by Xbox World. Not the actual console.
we should mock one up as well... ms paint?
punk
+
innovative controller? will it have a screen [Shifty]

If this does end up being the trend one has to wonder if games on the pc will need to have a secondary screen so they can take advantage of these benefits though.

keyboards with small led screens?, your tablet or phones hooks up to your keyboard dock to become a secondary screen. blah blah.

Ben said: If you didn't read anything ( ) that's just a mock up by Xbox World. Not the actual console.



Did read it, hope the final version has absolutely no resemblance to this one!

EndBoss said: Apple is going to sue their pants off coz it looks like an iphone touch, but larger


It actually does look quite a lot like a large Apple TV.

whaling said:

EndBoss said: Apple is going to sue their pants off coz it looks like an iphone touch, but larger


It actually does look quite a lot like a large Apple TV.



apple probably has a patent on that too with rounded corners :P

AgentA50 said:

Ben said: If you didn't read anything ( ) that's just a mock up by Xbox World. Not the actual console.


Did read it, hope the final version has absolutely no resemblance to this one!



I was mainly directing that at @EndBoss :P

punk said:
apple probably has a patent on that too with rounded corners


Undoubtedly. [Shifty]

EndBoss said: Apple is going to sue their pants off coz it looks like an iphone touch, but larger




Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners [Shifty]

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners



Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.

McQueen said:

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners


Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.



Apple probably has a patent on being over so over apple.... watch out.
Why do mock up designs always look so crap. I haven't seen a decent one yet
i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..

A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.

8gb isn't necessary because the level of optimisation achieved by developers on consoles.

4gb would be overkill, actually. that is, if this were to be only for gaming..

in my eyes, either 8gb ram is ridiculous, OR they will be running a modified version of Windows 8 on the new Xbox and going for more of a PC-style device. I actually think this is quite possible given the direction they've taken Windows 8.

Harry said: i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..
A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.
8gb isn't necessary because the level of optimisation achieved by developers on consoles.
4gb would be overkill, actually. that is, if this were to be only for gaming..
in my eyes, either 8gb ram is ridiculous, OR they will be running a modified version of Windows 8 on the new Xbox and going for more of a PC-style device. I actually think this is quite possible given the direction they've taken Windows 8.


They might be going for a really long console cycle.
You could be right. But I still think 8gb to be overkill.. The OS itself (if not Windows 8) wouldn't go much over 1gb at most, and even then, that would be toned back once the console goes into game mode (where only the overlay for online features is needed etc).

Who knows. Microsoft could have anything hidden up their sleeves..

Harry said: You could be right. But I still think 8gb to be overkill.. The OS itself (if not Windows 8) wouldn't go much over 1gb at most, and even then, that would be toned back once the console goes into game mode (where only the overlay for online features is needed etc).
Who knows. Microsoft could have anything hidden up their sleeves..


Your points are valid, I was just being facetious. :P
As long as it doesn't affect the price a lot, I'm pleased with more, even if it doesn't serve much of a purpose.
For sure, I am just speculating of the validity of this magzine's claims. *shrug*

Also, if this thing comes out in 2014 with a modified Windows 8.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am so smart, I am so smart.

(I will feel so ashamed when I come back to this post in two years and notice how wrong I was)

Harry said: For sure, I am just speculating of the validity of this magzine's claims. *shrug*
Also, if this thing comes out in 2014 with a modified Windows 8.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am so smart, I am so smart.
(I will feel so ashamed when I come back to this post in two years and notice how wrong I was)


I'd be happy to remind you. ;)

Harry said: i don't really believe that the RAM will be 8gb..
A jump from 512mb to 8gb? uhh, not likely.



xbox - nov 2001 64mb RAM

xbox 360 - nov 2005 - 512mb RAM

4 years time, 8x the ram.

its now been 7 years, and will probably be 8 before the '720' is released, so I wouldn't write off 8GB ram completely as it still fits the time frame (4 years = 8x more ram).

Also why not? ram is so cheap, even for us mere consumers we can buy 4GB ram for less than $20, I reckon when your buying a couple million of those sticks (like MS would) you'd be looking at less than $5 per 4GB.
they will probily show the full xbox8 at e3 next year

hdphnsamri said:

McQueen said:

Guyver said:
Pretty sure Apple own the patent for round corners


Pffffffffffffffffffffft lol I'm so over apple.


Apple probably has a patent on being over so over apple.... watch out.



:E

It looks like my external drive. That could make for some confusion.
man look awesome *_*
Absolutely FUGLY

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Recently Read

Featured Xbox 360 Content

Destiny - Which platform?

Destiny - Which platform?

10/09/2014 Polls 0 3
Average stats: How long do your Destiny sessions last?

Average stats: How long do your Destiny sessions last?

Gryllis 17 hours News 3 2
Preview: Watch what's new in Skylanders Trap Team

Preview: Watch what's new in Skylanders Trap Team

RSOP 17 hours Articles 2 3
Friendly Fire Show 69: Fangin' Destiny

Friendly Fire Show 69: Fangin' Destiny

Podcast 18 hours Articles 0 2
Destiny farming technique for stacks of great loot

Destiny farming technique for stacks of great loot

Tano 21 hours News 5 1
Shangri-La rules: Far Cry 4 steps up the insanity

Shangri-La rules: Far Cry 4 steps up the insanity

Gryllis 3 days Articles 2 5
PES 2015 trailer takes it right up to FIFA 15

PES 2015 trailer takes it right up to FIFA 15

Tano 3 days News 4 4
Silent Hills looks horrifying

Silent Hills looks horrifying

Tano 3 days News 11 13
Metal Gear Collection 2014 revealed, but it's not what you expected

Metal Gear Collection 2014 revealed, but it's not what you expected

Tano 3 days News 5 8

Community Content

ZiNG Pop Culture Stores open around Australia

ZiNG Pop Culture Stores open around Australia

Leasha 4 days News 13 11
Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

punk, capt_oats commented on Sleeping Dogs follow up Triad Wars is an online PC game

punk 1 hour ago
Username

chriswuu93 is now Level 4!

chriswuu93 8 hours ago
Username

chriswuu93 is now Level 3!

chriswuu93 18 hours ago
Username

Leasha, K4ZMA, Shadow99 commented on Yep, Silent Hills looks horrifying, and nope, I'm not going to play it

Leasha 19 hours ago
Username

Geekstar just unlocked the Night Owl achievement!

Geekstar 20 hours ago
Username

Geekstar is now Level 7!

Geekstar 22 hours ago
Username

Geekstar is now Level 6!

Geekstar 22 hours ago
Username

Geekstar is now Level 5!

Geekstar 22 hours ago