The gameplay of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 is very similar to previous entries in the series. The player controls a small ship that can move in any direction while independently firing in any other direction. The objective of the game is to score points by destroying swarms of enemies. Retro Evolved 2 provides six game modes, each representing a different challenge and unlocked one at a time, and multiplayer support for up to four players simultaneously on the same console. The game also introduces an unlimited score multiplier, which increases as the player picks up small objects called "Geoms" (which are dropped by enemies as they are destroyed). The multiplier remains in effect throughout the game, where in previous games it would reset to 1 when the player lost a life.
The gameplay modes are:
* Deadline: The player is challenged to score as many points as possible in three minutes with unlimited lives.
* King: The player has only one life and no bombs. Safety zones appear randomly on the playfield. Enemies cannot enter these zones, and the player can only fire and cannot collect Geoms while inside a zone. The zone disappears a short time after it is entered, forcing the player to move from zone to zone.
* Evolved: Similar in style to Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, the player is challenged to score as many points as possible with no time limit. The player earns extra lives and bombs at set intervals.
* Pacifism: The player has only one life and cannot shoot. The player must fly through gates to destroy nearby enemies, and earns extra bonus points by flying through gates in rapid succession.
* Waves: The player has one life and must avoid and destroy waves of rockets that fly horizontally and vertically from the edges of the playfield. (This mode was first introduced in Project Gotham Racing 4.)
* Sequence: This mode consists of twenty levels, each with a predetermined pattern of enemies. Th
Other photos by MMGN
Link to us http://360.mmgn.com/Gallery/Geometry-Wars-Retro-Evolved-2-ZDT4
Picture by: MMGN
Vote for this article