YouTube app for Xbox 360

7260 Views 44 Posts Xbox Software
www.engadget.com/...
If you are part of the Xbox Live preview program you can check out the xbox 360 Youtube app in its Beta form.

Guyver said: www.engadget.com/...
If you are part of the Xbox Live preview program you can check out the xbox 360 Youtube app in its Beta form.

Just got it before. :)
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I like it. Quality is pretty good and It's easy to use. I linked my YouTube account which is real easy to do. Hope they add the ability to go on the channels to view all their videos.
Good stuff. So all your subscription feeds are easy to view, play lists, recommendations etc?

Guyver said: Good stuff. So all your subscription feeds are easy to view, play lists, recommendations etc?

yeah

it plays videos in reverse order though, so instead of going to the next video it goes to the one before it
It doesn't show your subscriptions on the 'my YouTube' tab, but you are able to go to view all which takes you to another screen where you can choose your subscriptions or recommendations. I can't see anywhere of latest uploads from the people you subscribed too.

It seems like you can go on the channels of your subscriptions and view all of their uploads, so I am not sure if you can go on other channels by just searching the channel. I have had no luck in getting it.

Some videos are getting blocked from my favourites due to content restrictions. I have turned off the content restrictions on the app itself, but they still aren't showing up. I'll have to check my settings on the console.

Edit
Looks like my content restrictions is set to off. Not sure why it won't show some of the videos.
I'm not a fan of the new dashboard update/look, but I really love this Youtube app. Been on it for the past hour or so. As somebody said above, the quality is actually pretty good and very easy to use.
When did this come out? I was checking out the new apps last night and didn't see this.

Cool, I'll get it later. The 360 just need a video capture feature now.

SevenII said: When did this come out? I was checking out the new apps last night and didn't see this.
Cool, I'll get it later. The 360 just need a video capture feature now.

Are you in the preview program?

TristanG_ said:
Edit
Looks like my content restrictions is set to off. Not sure why it won't show some of the videos.

It's because the original content owner hasn't allowed access to it through Console or Mobile versions of YouTube. VEVO does this with all their YouTube music.
-_- And this is why I gotta stop trying to read this early in the morning. It just doesn't work.

This should be released to the public by early next year though considering the beta only continues until the end of the year, right?

SevenII said: And this is why I gotta stop trying to read this early in the morning. It just doesn't work.
This should be released to the public by early next year though considering the beta only continues until the end of the year, right?

Probably more likely to be released later this month. We've also got Ninemsn and SBSonDemand.

Azza said:
It's because the original content owner hasn't allowed access to it through Console or Mobile versions of YouTube. VEVO does this with all their YouTube music.

Thanks for that. They were all music videos from VEVO that were blocked. :P
so i downloaded them apps.. they are ok.. i mean my xbox is hooked up to my iMac so youtube is accessible for me here anyways :P
Where is the YouTube app?

I'm part of the preview but didn't see it last night.

Rashy said: Where is the YouTube app?

ummm i found it on the first page it comes on when you boot up.. the big box in the middle.. :O

Rashy said: Where is the YouTube app?

twas in the big box on the app tab, use right stick to cycle through
I didn't see it there. I grabbed the SBS one from there though.

I'll check again when I get home.
What's the point of the SBS one, really? For people who can't get a good signal? I no understand.
I just downloaded the new dash a few nights ago and I love it. Can't wait to see what the YouTube app is like. Is it voice controlled?
Haven't installed it yet. But honestly, I already have my iPhone to access Youtube when I don't feel like going on the PC/Macbook.

Beta said: What's the point of the SBS one, really? For people who can't get a good signal? I no understand.

its a catch up service just like iview

Heller said: I just downloaded the new dash a few nights ago and I love it. Can't wait to see what the YouTube app is like. Is it voice controlled?

ha no
So in other words a testing ground to see if other channels are viable...

Still tempted to get Foxtel again for AFL. I wonder if that's improved since I lost got it?

Beta said: Still tempted to get Foxtel again for AFL. I wonder if that's improved since I lost got it?

No it hasn't, it still makes you watch AFL :P

Rashy said:

Beta said: Still tempted to get Foxtel again for AFL. I wonder if that's improved since I lost got it?

No it hasn't, it still makes you watch AFL

GET OUT!
does anyone else find that sometimes channels won't load at all?
Trying to watch the latest epsiode of The Totally Rad Show on here and the episode list won't load up (i'm subscribed). I can get into the channel and browse around but once i'm in the all episodes bit it just stalls. Have to go back to computer :(

Edit: Restarting my xbox makes it work...weird :/

Featured Xbox 360 Content

Games of April: Your Most Anticipated?

Games of April: Your Most Anticipated?

27/03/2014 Polls 8 14
First image confirms new Call of Duty has a man in it

First image confirms new Call of Duty has a man in it

Gryllis 8 hours News 11 20
Titanfall mythbusters

Titanfall mythbusters

Tano 14 hours News 0 6
Dragon Age: Inquisition Australian release date announced

Dragon Age: Inquisition Australian release date announced

Gryllis 14 hours News 0 8
Grid Autosport is racing onto last-gen platforms

Grid Autosport is racing onto last-gen platforms

Gryllis 14 hours News 5 8
Watch Dogs has already inspired e-book //n/Dark Clouds

Watch Dogs has already inspired e-book //n/Dark Clouds

Gryllis 1 day News 2 6
Why do I still care about achievements and trophies?

Why do I still care about achievements and trophies?

Jickle 1 day Articles 8 9
Someone made a list of every video game ever made
Tano 1 day News 9 22
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil review

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil review

Gryllis 6 days Reviews 5 8

Community Content

Rumour: Resident Evil 7 will be announced at E3 2014

Rumour: Resident Evil 7 will be announced at E3 2014

zurczner 1 day News 4 3
A loser's review of FIFA 14
03/03/2014 Blog 13 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Kenni in Japan

mesohorny 24 mins ago
Username

commented on The Lego Movie Review

kangle4 2 hours ago
Username

sjt333, Kayel commented on First image confirms new Call of Duty has a man in it

sjt333 3 hours ago
Username

alianzista just unlocked the The Collector achievement!

alianzista 4 hours ago