Condemned 3... It Looks Like Its Happening!

32936 Views 24 Posts Xbox Software
Woo wooooo!

Well actually this old news and still a rumour (a weak rumour) but if it is true (which is probably is) then we should expect an official annoucement in the further coming months. The rumour? Well Monolith posted a job listing looking for a senior designer with specialities in fighting and martial arts, 2 of the main Condemned ingredients. Read more...

A job listing showed up recently on the Internet, and with it came the rumor that Washington-based dev, Monolith Productions, is setting out to create a new Condemned game. They're apparently looking for a Senior Artist-Animator, specifically for "first person action games".

Apart from that specification, it also seems that they're requiring someone who is also adept at martial arts fighting games. First person action games = check! Martial arts fighting games = check! Why, those sound like two of the main elements of the Condemned games! Could it be? Well, there's no telling what this project really is all about, but a "Condemned 3" won't be all too surprising given that the second game did have a cliffhanger ending.

If you want to check out the job listing, just follow the source link below. The Benefits are looking sweet too



By god I hope this does become true!
I read about that, i reeeaaalllly hope they make a new one!!! i love the condemned series!!
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I havent even finished C2 yet...
God i wish Monolith had made the latest AvP game A new Condemned sounds good though!

EDIT. Could even be FEAR 3...
No don't say FEAR 3 I don't like FEAR... I want Condemned.
God damn it Dumbnutz! Why do you have to jinx this!!!

Dumbnutz said: God i wish Monolith had made the latest AvP game A new Condemned sounds good though!
EDIT. Could even be FEAR 3...



Was thinking the same thing. A new FEAR expansion or even 3
Yeah Condemned hardly featured 'martial arts', you just beat people with stuff whether it be a bat or a 2x4 with nails. With Fear you could do sliding kicks, jump kicks that sorta stuff.
I hope its not Fear 3 though they need to move on unless they can address the problems with the same old locales (more offices anyone?)
let's hope its a new FEAR.... considering FEAR is the SUPERIOR game in every way.

Condemned just sucked fullstop.

pazza said: let's hope its a new FEAR.... considering FEAR is the SUPERIOR game in every way.
Condemned just sucked fullstop.

Says the guy whose favourite game is Too Human.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
lmao, I haven't really got into Condemned yet.... I so want to tho,

as for FEAR, I got stuck on a bit for ages, and haven't touched it since... Need to finish that and get 2 :S

Milky said:

pazza said: let's hope its a new FEAR.... considering FEAR is the SUPERIOR game in every way.
Condemned just sucked fullstop.

Says the guy whose favourite game is Too Human.



Sorry that's right.... I forgot you have a vagina therefore Monolith achieved the desired effect when YOU played Condemned.
I had no idea Condemned was actually any good I guess I came to the party a bit late to hear about it.

pazza said:Sorry that's right.... I forgot you have a vagina therefore Monolith achieved the desired effect when YOU played Condemned.

I guess most gamers have vaginas then... oh and brains, something you are severely missing.


Milky said:

pazza said:Sorry that's right.... I forgot you have a vagina therefore Monolith achieved the desired effect when YOU played Condemned.

I guess most gamers have vaginas then... oh and brains, something you are severely missing.



Lacking would have probably been a better word.... as far as I am aware their can be only one state of missing.... but hey don't let me correct your insults on my intelligence.

pazza said:Lacking would have probably been a better word.... as far as I am aware their can be only one state of missing.... but hey don't let me correct your insults on my intelligence.

Haha seriously? That the best you can do... 'only one state of missing'. Look it up mate, lacking and missing mean the same thing... people just assume they mean different, but in actual fact it shares the exact same meaning as lacking.

Lacking definition - www.elook.org/

Missing definition - www.elook.org/

And using an adverb in front of it is correct English.
Wonder if it's gonna be as bad as Condemned 2
Looks like i could be right

kotaku.com/

Dumbnutz said: mmmm
kotaku.com/

Oh damn. That poster is awesome though, despite the shitty title.
Condemned is in it's own genre. No bullshit zombies, it's psychos. Until anger & such. I'm just glad it didn't do zombie crap though.
No other game gives this kind of atmosphere, and forcing to melee is brilliant. Except for the end of condemned 2, but the first didn't do that 1st person military shooter cookie cutter bull. I know there are critics, but guns really ruin the sense of hopelessness and fear. FEAR

DOD said: Condemned is in it's own genre. No bullshit zombies, it's psychos. Until anger & such. I'm just glad it didn't do zombie crap though.
No other game gives this kind of atmosphere, and forcing to melee is brilliant. Except for the end of condemned 2, but the first didn't do that 1st person military shooter cookie cutter bull. I know there are critics, but guns really ruin the sense of hopelessness and fear. FEAR



Agreed. The first game was amazing. Didn't like the second. Same with F.E.A.R.. Love the first, like the second initially, but third and forth playthroughs bored the crap out of me.
Why would you play through it 3 or 4 times anyway?!

Milky said: Why would you play through it 3 or 4 times anyway?!



Well if I am reviewing a game I like to play through it more than once. The first time as just an experience to enjoy myself, then the second time to really look and observe it. I started a third time but got half-way through.

Also consider that with most review copies we get a game guide, so it makes it considerably easier to get through. I always add 2-3 hours to its length.

You sick Milky.
the new fears have suck!(iloved fear and fear file) i don't expect anything better from fear 3! condemned has stayed to its roots and had great sotry and game play [Shifty]
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured Xbox 360 Content

Most Anticipated April game

Most Anticipated April game

31/03/2015 Polls 9 15
What’s the appeal of completing a game 100%?

What’s the appeal of completing a game 100%?

Gryllis 4 hours Articles 4 3
Gears of War Remastered coming to Xbox One - rumour

Gears of War Remastered coming to Xbox One - rumour

Gryllis 1 day News 1 3
Friendly Fire Show 93: Vader. Because Vader.

Friendly Fire Show 93: Vader. Because Vader.

Podcast 1 day Articles 0 2
You need to export Green Day songs before Rock Band 4
Gryllis 4 days News 3 3
10 Games that prove 2015 is the year of the comeback

10 Games that prove 2015 is the year of the comeback

Gryllis 4 days Articles 3 8
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition review
Tyrus 4 days Reviews 8 16
Square Enix is hosting its own E3 press conference

Square Enix is hosting its own E3 press conference

Gryllis 4 days News 3 7
Netflix and Stan have more content than Foxtel Play

Netflix and Stan have more content than Foxtel Play

Gryllis 5 days News 14 15

Community Content

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

12/01/2015 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Dirt Rally has launched on Steam Early Access

stublu 1 hour ago
Username

Silence, Zinker, zurczner commented on Paid mods are now on Steam Workshop, 'pay what you want' option confirmed

Silence 22 hours ago
Username

PsFan is now Level 5!

PsFan 1 day ago
Username

quinn11115 got Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart 8, Battlefield 4 and other 14 games

quinn11115 1 day ago
Username

quinn11115 just unlocked the The Collector achievement!

quinn11115 1 day ago
Username

Zinker shared a story - Spring Binge

Zinker 1 day ago
Username

commented on Square Enix is hosting its own E3 press conference

Mickyt888 1 day ago