Scariest Video-Game?

41325 Views 270 Posts PS3 Software
So we've been talking about how F.E.A.R 3 is lacking on the scares, and I started to remember about some of the scariest games I've played.

Of course it changes depending on how old you are, but I remember Resident Evil 2 scaring the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Another would have to be the original F.E.A.R, along with Condemned: Criminal Origins who were both made by the same company.

What are some of the scariest games you've ever played. Silent Hill 2 was definitely frightening at the time.

Heller said:

deicide said: amnesia. bricks came out of my colon.


You should probably see a doctor about that.....it's not normal


have you played amnesia? its a very normal side effect of playing amnesia.
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Resident Evil (GC remake)
Dead Space
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Dead Space is probably the scariest I've played. Not sure if I'd say the second is more scary. It was more gory, for sure, but the whole time I felt invincible and wasn't too scared for my (in-game) life.

deicide said:

Heller said:

deicide said: amnesia. bricks came out of my colon.


You should probably see a doctor about that.....it's not normal


have you played amnesia? its a very normal side effect of playing amnesia.



thisthisthisthisthisthis :'@
Oh god, am I going to need psychological help after playing this game?
Amnesia isn't fun though, why bother playing it?

Nice job at mentioning Majoras Mask Terminator.

Even more scarier if you read the majoras mask ghost story someone made :P
eternal darkness was a massive mind **** for me

id just be walking and BAM! the top half of my body just exploded!! and then oooohhhh sanity level is low

and others for me:

resident evil - that weird angle where the camera is level with the ground and you just see the zombies feet walking across

dead space - things popping out from everywhere
Amnesia.

/thread

Azza123 said: Dead Space is probably the scariest I've played. Not sure if I'd say the second is more scary. It was more gory, for sure, but the whole time I felt invincible and wasn't too scared for my (in-game) life.


If I hadn't played Amnesia I would say the same. Its mostly because I find space immeasurably more freaky than any actual skillful techniques like Amnesia used, so its not like I would give them equal respect. Dead Space was just BOO! sort of scares.

shiversul said: Amnesia isn't fun though, why bother playing it?


Probably because they disagree with that ^

cooking mama
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Zelda: Majora's Mask :*O
Maniac Mansion.

No other game has scared me more :'@
Why does that sound familiar.... Was that on Commodore 64?
nes and commodore 64 i think?
Played on NES
Viva Pinata

Frazerc83 said: Viva Pinata



[WTF]
Bioshock
First Silent Hill.

Alpharoth said: First Silent Hill.


Yep that's what I said.
We should have a poll........ :P

renagadez said: eternal darkness was a massive mind **** for me
id just be walking and BAM! the top half of my body just exploded!! and then oooohhhh sanity level is low
and others for me:
resident evil - that weird angle where the camera is level with the ground and you just see the zombies feet walking across
dead space - things popping out from everywhere


The bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness was horrifying! My hands involuntarily flung the controller about 3 feet in the air :P
Maniac Mansion was fantastic but I wouldn't consider it a scary game. It's spiritual sequel Day of the Tentacle was totally epic btw

endeebee said:

renagadez said: eternal darkness was a massive mind **** for me
id just be walking and BAM! the top half of my body just exploded!! and then oooohhhh sanity level is low
and others for me:
resident evil - that weird angle where the camera is level with the ground and you just see the zombies feet walking across
dead space - things popping out from everywhere


The bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness was horrifying! My hands involuntarily flung the controller about 3 feet in the air



Haha that bit scared the shit out of me :E

endeebee said:

renagadez said: eternal darkness was a massive mind **** for me
id just be walking and BAM! the top half of my body just exploded!! and then oooohhhh sanity level is low
and others for me:
resident evil - that weird angle where the camera is level with the ground and you just see the zombies feet walking across
dead space - things popping out from everywhere


The bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness was horrifying! My hands involuntarily flung the controller about 3 feet in the air


www.youtube.com/...

win!
pandora directive and under a killing moon.. can't remember which one but scared the crap outta me at as a teen when the green gas stuff would get me.. :(
1996
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured Xbox 360 Content

Most Anticipated July Game

Most Anticipated July Game

26/06/2015 Polls 2 5
Watch Dogs debacle see Ubisoft change demo policy

Watch Dogs debacle see Ubisoft change demo policy

Tano 5 hours News 1 6
Brutal trailer for Predator's Mortal Kombat X release

Brutal trailer for Predator's Mortal Kombat X release

Tano 5 hours News 1 4
Stone Cold Steve Austin to grace WWE 2K16 cover

Stone Cold Steve Austin to grace WWE 2K16 cover

Tano 6 hours News 2 7
Violent games and feeling sexy: There's a correlation

Violent games and feeling sexy: There's a correlation

Tano 9 hours News 1 6
Minecraft: Story Mode details surface

Minecraft: Story Mode details surface

Tano 1 day News 3 3
Is a new Superman game on the way?

Is a new Superman game on the way?

Tano 1 day News 1 7
Tales of Borderlands Episode 3: Catch a Ride Review

Tales of Borderlands Episode 3: Catch a Ride Review

Jubilee 2 days Reviews 3 6
Friendly Fire Show 100: Vegas, baby!

Friendly Fire Show 100: Vegas, baby!

Gryllis 4 days Articles 0 3

Community Content

Wii U - 2, MMGN - 0

Wii U - 2, MMGN - 0

01/05/2015 Blog 14 1

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

Tano, maxiboy, Doles commented on Fallout 4 mods are already in the works

Tano 4 hours ago
Username

Bardiel, Tano, MezFunky commented on BunkerSIM dev hits out at Fallout Shelter microtransactions

Bardiel 7 hours ago
Username

commented on Monsters: Dark Continent giveaway

Janelle360 13 hours ago
Username

Janelle360 is now Level 3!

Janelle360 13 hours ago
Username

commented on Predator joins Mortal Kombat X for everyone July 14

soofany05 15 hours ago